Encourage platform users to use GMX swap

There is a message that appears when you try to open a trade with an asset whose liquidity pool is full. You can see in the message below, I’m encouraged to trade USDT for USDC on Uniswap.

I think this a missed opportunity to point users back to the GMX swap instead, or at least an aggregator DEX that is integrated with the platform so there is some chance the swap is routed through the platform.

I have realized that this recommendation won’t work because, if the USDT pool is full, I cannot swap on GMX.

I would still recommend changing this link from Uniswap to an aggregator DEX that integrates with GMX. I believe there is benefit to encouraging users to develop the habit of using DEXes that integrate with GMX since their future swaps might still contribute to platform revenue.

2 Likes

Like a network effect of sorts. One’s sell is another’s buy.

1 Like

As you’ve already noticed yourself, the swap wouldn’t be routed through GMX exactly because there’s an excess of that asset already. But I think your general suggestion of pointing to 1inch or another GMX-friendly aggregator is a valid one!

1 Like

Great finding and idea!
As long as a solution can be found i think that is a great opportunity to keep the trader(s) in the GMX ecosystem.
Small things like that can add up to something big over time.

1 Like

true, that makes sense, will add it to the task list, thank you for the suggestion!

2 Likes