GMX Security committee nominations

Hey everyone, I’m excited to share that we are opening up Nominations for the GMX Security Committee. The initial post provides more information about the role. Interested candidates can submit their nominations below this post, using the provided template.

Compensation:

Members of the Security committee will receive an honorarium for their activities on behalf of GMX. The proposed honorarium is $500 per month. Nominees from Labs will waive receipt of this honorarium as they are already indirectly compensated and aligned with the GMX DAO through contributor agreements.

The Nomination period will open for about three weeks from 15 August to around 5 September. Following this, we will have a one-week Snapshot vote to decide the members of the Security Committee.

Interested candidates, please submit your nominations below this post based on the provided template.

Nomination Template:

Name:

Twitter Account:

Github link:

Can you read and write code:

Relevant Experience: Please share any links and supporting information.

Familiarity with GMX DAO: How well do you know GMX and DAO governance in general?

Suggestions for the GMX Security Committee: Do you have any ideas or suggestions for how the GMX Security Committee can maximise its impact?

Time Commitment: Can you commit at least 5 hours per week to serve as part of this council?

Declaration of Conflict of Interest (if any):

6 Likes

During the development of GMSOL, we have gained deep insights and understanding of the contract security and risk parameters of GMX. I believe our experience can provide valuable perspectives and suggestions for GMX’s security. Therefore, I would like to apply for a position in the GMX Security Committee.

Q

5 Likes

Name: SniperMonke01

Twitter Account:

https://x.com/SniperMonke01

Github link:

Yes, python and can read solidity

Relevant Experience:

Good working knowledge of the GMX v2 architecture, and identifying anomalies in stats, changes in open interest and suspect trading activity.

Familiarity with GMX DAO: How well do you know GMX and DAO governance in general?

Very high

Suggestions for the GMX Security Committee: Do you have any ideas or suggestions for how the GMX Security Committee can maximise its impact?

Being well versed in upcoming changes to contracts, potential points of vulnerability and making official comments on governance posts related to any changes from protocol design to listing of new assets.

Time Commitment: Can you commit at least 5 hours per week to serve as part of this council?

Yes

None

7 Likes

I would like to nominate myself for the security council

Name: 0xtoki

Twitter Account: x.com

Github link: 0xtoki (toki) · GitHub

Can you read and write code: yes

Relevant Experience: Lead Dev @ umami.finance

Familiarity with GMX DAO: very familiar, been building on V1 and V2 for 2 years

Time Commitment: yes

4 Likes

Name: Raoul

Twitter Account: @raoulschipper

Github link: RaoulSchipper · GitHub

Can you read and write code: Yes, i have a Bsc in information science. Familiarity with C#, python, Solidity and scripting languages

Relevant Experience: i worked in IT assurance and risk assessment at KPMG, IT strategy at BCG including both blockchain and IT risk topics and now work at Chainlink Labs on a range of relevant topics

Familiarity with GMX DAO: im quite familiar with both GMX and DAO governance. Ive created and passed governance proposals and have been active in DAOs and on forums. Ive worked with GMX core contributors and an very familiar with the protocol

Suggestions for the GMX Security Committee:
I believe its important to establish a clear scope and set of standard operating procedures. This can help the committee to be succesful while keeping the workload manageable.

Time Commitment: i can commit 5 hours per week to this Committee

Declaration of Conflict of Interest:
I would be filling this role in a fully personal capacity.
I currently work at Chainlink Labs, who has created the Data Streams low latency oracle and also engage with GMX in a professional capacity to service its infrastucture and oracle needs.

2 Likes

Hey everyone we will be extending the nominations for one more week till 12th September

1 Like

Name: Guardian (Representative: Owen Thurm, Lead Auditor)

Twitter Account: x.com

Github link: GuardianAudits (Guardian) · GitHub

Can you read and write code: Yes

Relevant Experience: Please share any links and supporting information.

The Guardian team has reviewed all Smart Contract updates made by GMX for the last 2 years.

The Guardian team is familiar with GMX and DAO governance.

As a first step, it is important that we define standard operating procedures for the core responsibilities of the committee:

• Role and configuration updates
  • Emergency feature pauses
  • Reviewing proposals
  • Triaging bug bounty submissions
  • Engaging with the community

The Guardian team can commit to 5 hours per week to serve on this council.

Guardian provides security services to other DeFi protocols, some of which may be considered competitors to GMX.

GMX engages Guardian on an ongoing basis to review Smart Contract updates.

Additional notes:

The Guardian team will waive the receipt of the honorarium.

1 Like

Hey everyone we will be extending the nominations for one more week till 23th September

Name:

50ShadesofGwei

Twitter Account:

https://x.com/50shadesofgwei_

Github link:

GitHub

GitHub - 50shadesofgwei

Yes; Python, TypeScript, Rust, and some Solidity

Relevant Experience:

Have built an open-source searcher targeting funding rates across CEX/DEX and DEX/DEX pairs. The past 2/3 months have been focused exclusively on GMX. Have also been working fulltime in DeFi for multiple years and would generally consider myself DeFi native.

In short, extremely well

I’d generally be in favour of pursuing fewer initiatives (I don’t think community outreach is particularly salient when it comes to security for example), but would instead direct effort into making sure the most valuable initiatives are pursued thoroughly (e.g. when a change is introduced on any level be it governance, smart contracts, or other, we should be able to accurately articulate what other parts of the GMX stack the change will affect and how).

Yes

Am on the Kwenta council, which I don’t think is actually a conflict of interest given that this is a security role and Kwenta will be integrating GMX soon but thought it was worth mentioning anyhow

2 Likes