[Grant Request] DeFunds - GMX trading through smart contract based crypto funds

Grant Title:
GMX <> DeFunds Integration.
DeFunds is a social investment platform that facilitates profit sharing between professional traders and users - DeFi investors

Author:
Igor Shepelev igor[@]defunds[.]co
linkedin[.]com/in/shepelev-igor

Rustam Abdullin rustam[@]defunds[.]co
linkedin[.]com/in/rustam-a-11010635/

About us:
Igor and Rustam have been working on DeFunds part time since Oct 2021. Our developers are working on DeFunds full-time since Oct 2021. Our sister company https://quanthill.ae/ has ~90M AuM and 100 investors:

• 8 years trading (6 years profitable)
  • AuM increased 14 times within 5 years

Development of classic trading quant strategies, developer/author of algorithmic trend strategy Q-Ant. Algorithmic trend-following trading of crypto futures with over 70% average annualized return since 2018.

Grant Description:
We would like to provide our Managers and Investors with access to Decentralized Perpetual Exchange. Trade BTC, ETH,and other top cryptocurrencies with up to 50x leverage from our Funds smart contracts.

Grant Goals and GMX impact:

DeFunds goals is to establish transparent and safe interaction between Investor and Manager, non-custodial crypto-investment platform for trading core crypto assets and DeFi tokens.

We are ready to bring new customers and professional Asset Managers to GMX, by integrating it into our dApp.

Also, our mother company (QuantHill) can establish leverage ETH/BTC trading strategies through DeFunds and GMX.

Milestones:

• #1 Add Arbitrum blockchain support to DeFunds [in progress]
  • #2 Add GMX opening-increasing-a-position and closing-decreasing-a-position methods to our trading smart contract
  • #3 Add GMX related UI to our Web3 application: [in progress]
    • Trading view
    • Long/Short position
    • Leverage slider
    • List of current positions

Funding Request:
$4,000, half paid up-front (for Milestone #1) and half paid once Milestones #2 and #3 are done.

Other Information:
We can bring a new experience of interaction between Asset Manager and Investor into the crypto, which has been tested for decades and is the standard in classic Hedge Funds, with the help of smart contracts and blockchain. We managed to take the age-old experience of the classic market and pack the structure and logic of work into DeFunds.

We plan to bring a new standard for asset management to DeFi. DeFunds goals is to establish transparent and safe interaction between Investor and Manager, non-custodial crypto-investment platform for trading core crypto assets and DeFi tokens.

Previous partnerships and grants:

We got Aave grant and added Aave Borrow/Supply features to our fund. With this feature, our Fund manager can deploy a low-risk “Supplying & Earning” strategy on behalf of investors, allowing our funds to use borrowed tokens.

We have also developed a GUI for the Fund Manager to provide a user-friendly interface for working with Aave.

** DeFunds MVP dApp [Optimism Mainnet]**

3 Likes

Status update from DeFunds team:

• We have integrated GMX into our application. Now, our Fund Managers can use investors’ funds for margin trading on GMX.
  • Currently, we are debugging the functionality of GMX and testing it.
  • Additionally, we will conduct an external audit of our application.

We have attached a demonstration of GMX functionality within the framework of DeFunds fund.

We are still counting on support and cooperation from GMX.

We also have 2 questions for the GMX team:

1. We are trying to use public APIs and smart contracts of GMX, however, we use GMX analytics. This API is not described in your documentation. Can we continue to use them while our project is in the MVP/PoC stage and attracting investments?

2. Your terminal’s source code is published under the Business Source License 1.1, which prohibits copying parts of the code for commercial purposes. However, we use some parts of your open code to calculate position indicators on the client (liq. price, net worth, size, borrow fee, etc.). Is it possible to obtain your permission to use the source code from the gmx-interface repository in our application?

Integrating GMX into our application will attract even more clients and resources into the GMX ecosystem. At the same time, investment will be made by professional traders within the framework of verified trading strategies.

GMX DeFunds Demo:

1 Like

Thanks for the update, Igor. Is there a link to the demo missing, or is it me…?

1 Like

Hey @Jonezee

Sorry, my fault, here it is:

1 Like

Sidenote but someone should probably add this to docs

1 Like

Hi Igor, my apologies for getting back to your questions so late.

1. We are trying to use public APIs and smart contracts of GMX, however, we use GMX analytics. This API is not described in your documentation. Can we continue to use them while our project is in the MVP/PoC stage and attracting investments?

We don’t expect to put any restrictions on that anytime soon. In case you’re not going to be sending too many requests (let’s say no more than 10 requests per second on average), this is absolutely fine. That said, it’s not a public API and devs might introduce some breaking changes in future/disable it - I can’t offer guarantees.

Is it possible to obtain your permission to use the source code from the gmx-interface repository in our application?

Generally speaking, we’re definitely fine with projects using our API or some parts of our code if they’re integrating with our contracts.

As per the proposal, as long as the actor is not acting maliciously against the DAO, i wouldn’t expect the dao would approve enforcing the license against anyone.

1 Like

Hey GMX DAO and Community,

Quick update from our side.

1. We have completed first security audit of our smart contracts (by PeckShield).

Source of Truth: Audit - DeFunds

1. We hired dedicated marketing manager to improve our social media.

https://twitter.com/defunds_co - consider to join our Twitter and Discord.

1. Our contracts are in Arbitrum mainnet. Feel free to test our project, join fund or create your own fund.

https://app.defunds.co

1. DeFunds is raising $800k with FasterCapital. By joining the Acceleration program for fundraising support, DeFunds aims to connect with the right funding sources and thrive with FasterCapital’s expertise.

===

We’re actively seeking traders. We provide a platform where traders create strategies, and investors choose with transparency. Join us as one of the first traders, test with free $100-$200 (provided by us), and share feedback.

===

GMX DAO, are we mature enough to request welcome pizza grant from you guys? :slight_smile: GMX integration is Core feature in our Arbitrum deployment.

1 Like

since they have already completed everything, and requested a very low amount of $4k - imo worthy of a grant

also @Igor , you mentioned in your proposal once that Quanthill is a sister company, to DeFunds and then referred to it as a parent company - Is it the former or the latter?

Hey @eqdegen

re: Grant
Thanks for the support.

re: Quanthill (parent/sister)
Sorry, I’ve used incorrect term. I’ve founded Quanthill (quantitative algorithmic trading strategies ) about 10 years ago Who we are (me and my team) . I think I can call it parent company.

Hi @Jonezee and GMX DAO,

We have requested $4000 USD grant from you. Let us offer the following:

1. We have an almost ready MVP, and the project is now available on mainnet with audited smartcontracts

2. We have our own program for Traders and Fund Managers.

3. We will allocate 50% of this grant to engage crypto community to create GMX-oriented Arbitrum funds.

4. We’ll allocate $100 to each such fund to allow Manager to test trading possibilities by making some deals with GMX in Arbitrum chain (it’s required condition). Afterward, we’ll ask for detailed feedback on their trading experience and discuss further collaboration.

Event will be promoted in our Twitter / Discord / Telegram channels.

DeFunds now supports GMX v2

We are pleased to announce that DeFunds now supports GMX v2. Attached to the message is a video demonstrating the capabilities of v2.

SL / TP: Trade SL TP.mp4 - Google Drive

Market Order: Trade Market.mp4 - Google Drive

Limit Order: Trade Limit.mp4 - Google Drive

We are about to engage PeckShield to review updated smart contracts code.

1 Like