[Grant Request] GMX Monthly Financial Reports

Name : Asymmetric Defi

Project : GMX Monthly Financial Reporting

Detailed Description of Project :
Provide Monthly Reports about the State of the GMX DAO. The reports would include : Overview of governance votes, Revenues, Expenses, Treasury Analysis, Market Share Analysis, Macro Trends Analysis …

How will your project benefit the GMX Ecosystem?
Inform the community about what’s going on with the DAO and how it is impacted by governance votes and crypto trends & news…
These reports will be the go to for the community to get informed about the state of the DAO similar to how investors look into financial statements to get informed about their equity investments in traditional finance.

Implementation Overview
1k USD (in GMX, rate determined at time of payment) paid after the production of each monthly report.

The payment will not be dependant on the quality of the reports. Contents of the reports are at the discretion of the author. Community members can suggest additions that could be accepted or denied by the author.

The mandate can be revoked by a subsequent vote.

Voting Options
Fund Asymmetric Defi
Don’t Fund
Abstain

11 Likes

Thanks for presenting this offer Adalhi, looks interesting.

4 Likes

More details :
Instead of monthly reports, I can make quarterly reports to decrease the costs for the DAO. The funding request is the same 1k USD (in GMX) per report.
Also, I can accept funding for one quarterly report as test run before a longer period engagement.

3 Likes

great !!! I’m looking forward to see progress

1 Like

Updated proposal with Quarterly Reporting & Retroactive funding.

Project : GMX Quarterly Financial Reporting

Description of Project :
Provide Q Reports about the State of the GMX DAO. The reports would include : Overview of governance votes, Revenues, Expenses, Treasury Analysis, Market Share Analysis, Macro Trends Analysis …

Inform the community about what’s going on with the DAO and how it is impacted by governance votes and crypto trends & news…
These reports will be the go to for the community to get informed about the state of the DAO similar to how investors look into financial statements to get informed about their equity investments in traditional finance.
Yes many of the figures are already available in dashboards, the goal is to aggregate what already exists, query new information if not available and produce a monthly report that will be shared here on the forum with the community.

Implementation overview
1k USD per quarterly report (in GMX with rate determined at time of payment), paid retroactively after the production of each report.
The mandate can be revoked by a subsequent DAO vote.

Other Information :
Here is the report I produced for Uniswap for November.
Asymmetric Defi is both Uniswap & Aave Grantee

3 Likes

@ Moderators can you put this proposal for a vote ?

Proposal

Project : GMX Monthly Financial Reporting

Description of Project :
Provide Monthly Reports about the State of the GMX DAO. The reports would include : Overview of governance votes, Revenues, Expenses, Treasury Analysis, Market Share Analysis, Macro Trends Analysis …

Forum Discussion Here

Implementation overview
1k USD per monthly report (in GMX with rate determined at time of payment), paid retroactively after the production of each report.
The mandate can be revoked by a subsequent DAO vote.

The retroactive payment will not depend on the quality of the reports. The structure and analysis contained in these reports will be at the discretion of the author. Community members can suggest new addition that could be accepted or denied by the author.

Voting Options
Fund Asymmetric Defi
This isn’t the way
Abstain

2 Likes

@moderators
Could you put this up for vote ?

1 Like

Why is this post flagged as hidden content? Or is that just me?

1 Like

I’m supportive of greater visibility for the DAO, but i’m not supportive of this proposal.

Looking at content on their website, it doesn’t provide more information than currently being captured from the numerous high quality dune dashboards built by the community, some of which are highlighted on the ecosystem page and which were developed as part of our ecosystem program.

Additionally post #6 provided in the proposal is written to effectively have no performance requirement on the writer related to the content or quality and actually ensures they keep getting paid until the dao can prioritize future votes even if the content is not valuable.

2 Likes

I dont see a reason for it, probably accidental.

2 Likes

The reports are for those that don’t have the time nor know about those dashboards. If you are a crypto degen, then you know about Dune … Other community members don’t.

And I don’t agree that you can find the stuff I publish on Dashboards. The analysis is my main value add and it’s not found on Dashboards as you think.

1 Like

System flagged, Un-hid.

1 Like

I withdraw this grant application. Thanks for the consideration.

1 Like

Hi @adalhi,
Can you share with us the address of GMX DAO that you want to generate the reports for?

1 Like

Hi
This grant was withdrawn.
The DAO has multiple addresses. Check out the docs for info

1 Like

@adalhi we are from TRES Finance, serving more than 50 crypto organizations including DAOs and dAPPs.

I think that we have an offering that can help you monitoring your finance.

1 Like

Thanks for the offering but Llamas got all data I need.
This grant was withdrawn though.

1 Like

I really enjoyed this read. a lot of good information for all of us

1 Like