Provide personal or organisational details, including applicant name, contact information, and any associated organisation. This information ensures proper identification and communication throughout the grant process.
Applicant Name or Alias:
GMX v2 Telegram & Discord Analytics
- A suite of tools to monitor new positions, new swaps, and daily/weekly metrics on v2. These are accessible currently through telegram bots and are integrated in the community GMX chats.
Team Members and Qualifications:
- Snipermonke01 - lead dev, python
Project Links: [Enter Any Relevant Project Links (website, demo, Github, Twitter, etc.]
- Telegram: Contact @gmx_v2_bot
- Telegram: Contact @GMX_Whales
- Telegram: Contact @gmx_v2_positions
- Telegram: Contact @GMXSwaps
- Telegram: Contact @GMXTradingStats
- Telegram: Contact @gmx_funding_calculator_bot
- Telegram: Contact @gmx_liquidity_notifier_bot
Detail the requested grant size, provide an overview of the budget breakdown, specify the funding and contract addresses, and describe any matching funds if relevant.
Requested Grant Size: [Enter Amount of ARB Requested]
Grant Breakdown: [Please provide a high-level overview and pro forma of the budget breakdown and planned use of funds]
- Development costs
- Server & maintenance costs
Funding Address: [Enter the specific address where funds will be sent for grant recipients]
Funding Address Characteristics: [Enter details on the status of the address; eligible address must be an MPC wallet or 2/3 multisig with private keys securely stored]
Distribution Contract Address: n/a
Incentivised Contract Addresses: n/a
Clearly outline the primary objectives of the project and the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) used to measure success. This helps reviewers understand what the project aims to achieve and how progress will be assessed.
- Since launch of v2, tools developed to monitor v1 have been adapted to provide surface level analytics.
Current tools include:
- GMX v2 bot, providing weekly & daily metrics on protocol usage, information on available liquidity, and current funding fee APRs (public calls ~300-400 per month)
- GMX v2 positions, allowing subscribers (70 currently) to monitor the increase and decrease of all positions on v2
- GMX Trading Whales, allowing subscribers (35 currently) to monitor the increase and decrease of significant positions on v2
- GMX Funding Fee Calculator, allowing users to calculate projected funding APRs through an interactive telegram bot on GMX v2 markets based on current open interest, available liquidity, and requested position size
The scope of the project will be to maintain and build out these tools further by:
- Updating the GMX Trading Stats Channel (700+ subscribers) to include v2 metrics
- Creating real time monitoring notifications for active positions (approaching take profit points, liquidation levels, new available liquidity) through an interactive bot
- Expanding the tools for users on discord
- Monitoring swaps through GMX v2 pools
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): [Specify the KPIs, including but not limited to total value locked, transaction volume, and number of users that will be used to measure success in achieving the grant objectives]
- Tracking number of calls to each bot
- Tracking subscribers changes across channels
How will receiving a grant enable you to foster growth or innovation within the GMX ecosystem?: [Provide details]
- The development of analytics that are digestible and easy to share offer a great marketing opportunity for the contributors and the community alike and have helped bring attention to the protocol through the last 18-24 months.
- During a period where GMX v1 was facing a liquidity crunch, snipermonke01 developed a tool which would alert users to new available liquidity in their given market for custom position sizes. When available, this would send the user telegram messages allowing for available liquidity to be captured by users as soon as it became available. Developing such a tool for v2 markets could prove equally as fruitful given the high demand for liquidity on GMX v2 thus far
Justification for the size of the grant: [Enter explanation]
**Execution Strategy: [**Describe the execution plan, including resources, products, use of funds, and risk management. This includes allocations for specific pools, eligible assets, products, etc.]
The requested grant size is based on development cost and hours spent, as well as maintenance of codebase and running of scripts.
Grant Timeline: [Describe the timeline for the grant]
Development of core features as outlined above will occur in the coming 1-2 months, with maintenance of existing features indefinitely.
Fund Streaming: [Do you accept the funding of your grant streamed linearly for the duration of your grant proposal, and that the multisig holds the power to halt your streamed grant at their discretion at any time?]
Provide details about the protocol requirements relevant to the grant. This information ensures that the applicant is aligned with the technical specifications and commitments of the grant.
What date did you build on GMX?: January 2022
Protocol Performance: [Detail the past performance of the protocol and relevance, including any key metrics or achievements, dashboards, etc.]
- GMX Trading Stats Channel (700 subscribers currently, peaking at 900+ earlier this year)
- GMX v2 trading bot hitting 300-400 calls per month across public channel, with as many and more directly messaging the bot
Protocol Roadmap: [Describe relevant roadmap details for your protocol or relevant products to your grant application.]
- Ensure all current features are operational - Nov 2023
- Update GMX Trading Stats Channel - Nov/Dec 2023
- Implement Ability to Monitor Positions for a given address - Nov/Dec 2023
- Notification system for active trades and available liquidity - Dec/Jan 2023
Audit History (if any): n/a
Provide details on how your team is equipped to provide data and reporting on grant distribution.
Is your team prepared to create Dune Spells and/or Dashboards for your incentive program?: [Please describe your answer]
- Implementation of ‘No. of Calls’ or ‘No of unique users’ commands possible
Does your team agree to provide bi-weekly program updates on the GMX Forum thread?: [Please describe your strategy and capabilities for data/reporting]
Inclusion of grant members on the github repo (while it is private) to demonstrate continued and active efforts.
Does your team acknowledge that failure to comply with any of the above requests can result in the halting of the program’s funding stream?: [Y/N]