Small UX improvement: Multiplier Points

Shouldn’t Multiplier Points be staked automatically by default instead of having a choice through the Compound option? Since as far as I know there’s literally no reason to ‘hold’ Multiplier Points that’s unstaked anyway?

The “Stake Multiplier Points” option on the Compound Rewards window should be removed, and just be turned on by default in the back-end, imo.

^I know it’s a very minor change, but it decreases a bit of UI clutter (hence could be less confusing for first-time users).

4 Likes

good point, makes sense

1 Like

Interesting point, might have to do with esGMX.
I’m for it.

If this was agreed upon, I wouldn’t mind an automatic staking of esGMX too. Then the user can decide whether to unstake whenever.

2 Likes

would having the checkbox be ticked and disabling changing it work?

cos i think even if we remove the checkbox we would need some text to tell the user that multiplier points will be compounded, and a text like “Multiplier Points will be staked on compound” may be less clear than having the checkbox

5 Likes

it could work, but I’m for removing it.

cos i think even if we remove the checkbox we would need some text to tell the user that multiplier points will be compounded, and a text like “Multiplier Points will be staked on compound” may be less clear than having the checkbox

this note could be added on the “boost percentage” mouse hover instead.

1 Like

Automatically staking is good if there are no other options, but for esGMX people can vest as well, staking it instantly then gives them extra costs if they want to vest directly.

I do get it for multiplier points, but for esGMX, no.

4 Likes

I see, ok will add it to the task list to see how we can improve this, thank you for the suggestion!

3 Likes

I think this is a better compromise. Seeing a checkbox reminds users that their multiplier points must be compounded/staked before they have an effect on boost %.

In the UX space, this is known as an affordance. It provides an intuitive indication of what will happen someone does/doesn’t interact with the rewards claiming system. Affordances help new users build mental models which helps them learn the platform quicker.

4 Likes

we’ve made a small change to have the Stake Multiplier Points always be checked, hope that helps

5 Likes